Level 3 (RQF) & Level 6 (SCQF)
The HSE Recommends that all high risk workplaces have staff with a First Aid at Work qualification
on site at all times.
This course can be tailored to any relevant environment, and is most commonly delivered as an
In-house course, contextualised for your workplace hazards.
Theoretical training and practical scenarios are used together to incrementally develop skills
throughout the course. Come prepared to be active and participate in progressive scenario
Those with responsibility for a large number of people, or those who work in high risk environments
such as construction, manufacturing, agriculture, fisheries, or commercial kitchens.
Course Content List
First Aid at Work 3 Days course contents:
• Vital signs – breathing, level of consciousness, temperature, colour
• Casualty Monitoring and protection
• Incident management – a systematic approach to managing first aid incidents – ABCDE
• Airway Management – causes and treatment of unconscious collapse
• Recovery Positions and other safe airway positions
• Breathing Problems – cardiac arrest CPR in adults and children, drowning CPR
• Heart attack, Angina
• AED / Defibrillator use
• Choking in adults and children
• Circulation Problems – Internal bleeding, external bleeding and treatment for Shock
• Bandaging issues
• Damage – Recognition and treatment of injuries to: chest, abdomen, pelvis, leg & arm
• Head and spinal injuries and spinal management, inc. helmet removal
• Common Illnesses – Asthma, Diabetes and Epilepsy
• Dealing with burns
• Dealing with poisons
• Animal bites and stings
• Awareness of current regulations
• Incident reporting and RIDDOR
We can run First Aid Courses at any suitable venue, for groups of up to 12 participants per
trainer. courses can be tailored to almost any situation or context that your organisation or group requires.
Red HackleTraining is insured through Hiscox Insurance Company, we cover the requirements of the HSE and fulfil the HSE due diligence requirements.
Note – the HSE sets a trainer to student ratio of 1:12 people and our costs are based on working
with a group of 12. If you only have a small number of candidates for the course it would be worth
trying to contact other local organisation who may require training to try and fill your course, to
reduce the per head costs for yourself.
Booking with Red HackleTraining is simple and easy. Fill out the booking form then press submit, ensure you choose your payment option and select your course/s. Once we receive your booking form, we will email you with confirmation of place/s and any other details pertaining to your selected course/s and payment option within 24hrs.
PLEASE BE AWARE: Payment is due 30 days before the course start date, or 30 days on receipt of your invoice if this is more than 30 days prior to course start date. The course Payment should be paid, or course cancelled a minimum of 7 Days before start of course, this would result in you not receiving a refund of any kind!!
RHT Believes in A Hands-On, Face to Face, Inclusive Training Environment for Everyone.
Quality Training Saves Lives
Course Dates are as advertised if you require a date not advertised then please contact us with them. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.