© Red Hackle Training
Those with responsibility for a large number of people, or those who work in high risk environments
such as construction, manufacturing, agriculture, fisheries, or commercial kitchens.
This refresher course is only available to those students who are in possession of a valid FAW
certificate on the day of the course. Some prior knowledge from your previous FAW course is assumed and the teaching time is restricted to just 12 hours.
Theoretical training and practical scenarios are used together to incrementally develop skills
throughout the course. Come prepared to be active and participate in progressive scenario practice.
You will be asked to produce your valid FAW certificate at the time of registration on the day of
your refresher course. Course Content List The full First Aid at Work 3 Day course content is covered on this refresher course:
Course Content List
The full First Aid at Work 3 Day course content is covered on this refresher course:
• Vital signs – breathing, level of consciousness, temperature, colour
• Casualty Monitoring and protection
• Incident management – a systematic approach to managing first aid incidents – ABCDE
• Airway Management – causes and treatment of unconscious collapse
• Recovery Positions and other safe airway positions
• Breathing Problems – cardiac arrest CPR in adults and children, drowning CPR
• Heart attack, Angina
• AED / Defibrillator use
• Choking in adults and children
• Circulation Problems – Internal bleeding, external bleeding and treatment for Shock
• Bandaging issues
• Damage – Recognition and treatment of injuries to: chest, abdomen, pelvis, leg & arm
• Head and spinal injuries and spinal management, inc. helmet removal
• Common Illnesses – Asthma, Diabetes and Epilepsy
• Dealing with burns
• Dealing with poisons
• Animal bites and stings
• Awareness of current regulations
• Incident reporting and RIDDOR
Our trainers can come to a venue of your choice, we are used to working in a range of venues and we bring along our training resources (flipchart, projector, CPR manikins etc. All we ask is that the venue has enough floor space for us to use where we can practice /demonstrate recovery position.
Red HackleTraining is insured through Hiscox Insurance Company, we cover the requirements of the HSE and fulfil the HSE due diligence requirements.
Note – the HSE sets a trainer to student ratio of 1:12 people and our costs are based on working with a group of 12. If you only have a small number of candidates for the course it would be worth trying to contact other local organisation who may require training to try and fill your course, to reduce the per head costs for yourself.
Booking with Red HackleTraining is simple and easy. Fill out the booking form then press submit, ensure you choose your payment option and select your course/s. Once we receive your booking form, we will email you with confirmation of place/s and any other details pertaining to your selected course/s and payment option within 24hrs.
PLEASE BE AWARE: Payment is due 30 days before the course start date, or 30 days on receipt of your invoice if this is more than 30 days prior to course start date. The course Payment should be paid, or course cancelled a minimum of 7 Days before start of course, this would result in you not receiving a refund of any kind!!
RHT Believes in A Hands-On, Face to Face, Inclusive Training Environment for Everyone.
Quality Training Saves Lives
Course Dates are as advertised if you require a date not advertised then please contact us with them. Email: email@example.com